Thursday, May 25, 2006

“Why don’t politicians…”

When I was in my home town in Kerala last time, elections for the legislative assembly were going on there. Being an avid observer of politics even from my teenage days, I could easily sense most of the political dramas going on there. After seeing all those shameless games, what came into my mind then was something I read in a book recently, which goes somewhat like this…

“Why don’t politicians ever commit suicide?. All kinds of people – Students, housewives, businessmen, employees and even film stars commit suicide. But politicians never do. That tells you something. Suicide is a horrible thing and people do it only because they are hurt. This means they feel something. But politicians don’t. So, basically, this country is run by people who don’t feel anything.”

Sounds interesting. Isn’t it?. We hear news like politicians are shot dead even by their brothers. But we haven’t heard anything like ‘politician commits suicide’.Thinking in that way, elections are for electing the people with lesser feelings. And those with no feelings at all win the game.

Dear Reader, if you are a politician, I didn’t mean any offence. You can state that this theory is completely wrong. Go and get yourself hang, and prove that you too have feelings.(A better way to serve this country). Hope your fellow politicians will follow what you did there by making this country God’s own land.

Statutory Warning: I am not against politics. There are some politicians I admire. So in this post, when I refer ‘Politician’, please read it as ‘Corrupt politician’.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But JJ , don't forget that there are lot of good politions are also here in this country... They gave their heart and soul for the prosperity of our nation...

June 06, 2006 5:16 AM  
Blogger Rajoottan said...

Hi Anonymous,

I too agree with you. Thats why i put the below part in the same post.

"I am not against politics. There are some politicians I admire. So in this post, when I refer ‘Politician’, please read it as ‘Corrupt politician’."

Jaejey

June 06, 2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

its by Chetan Bhagath.Hope from One Night at a Call Centre

April 30, 2011 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home